Moving house can be nerve-wracking even for those who don’t have kids or are unmarried. However, it can be downright impossible for a single mom or dad.
From packing the entire house to renting a moving truck, there are a ton of tasks that affect your physical and mental health.
An excellent way to make your relocation safe and efficient is by hiring experienced removalists. Visit https://www.cbdmovers.com.au/removals/removalists-melbourne/ and seek their moving assistance to make it easy for you.
Some other tips to make the relocation manageable for you and your kids are:
1.In advance planning
Planning ahead assures you have a hassle-free moving experience. It also lowers the chance of any moving mistakes. Some of the things to plan beforehand are:
- Set all the utilities like gas, water, and electricity
- Find a new school for your kids
- Book a reliable moving company
- Prepare your new home
- Update your address on all important documents
- Purge items that you no longer need
Above all, stay on top of everything to avoid any unexpected surprises.
2. Stay within your budget
Moving house is an expensive affair when you have to pay for packing supplies, moving equipment, truck rental cost, etc. And if you are a single parent, it can drain your hard-earned monthly savings.
So, it’s important to stay within your budget and keep a note of moving expenses.
Follow a few money-saving tips:
- Get free boxes from nearby furniture or electronic stores
- Gather packing supplies from Craigslist or other online marketplaces
- Host a yard sale to earn some cash
- Avoid moving during the peak season like summers or Christmas
- Request for quotes from multiple moving companies
Packing your stuff the right way can make your moving process a little easier.
Some of the packing tips to follow are:
- Sort and group your items into categories
- Gather packing supplies like moving boxes, tape, etc.
- Seal all the liquids with plastic wrap
- Wrap fragile items like cookware and mirror with bubble wrap
- Cushion the items using moving blankets, packing peanuts, etc.
- Fill the empty spaces inside the containers with crumbled paper
- Label all the sides of moving boxes
- Seal all the boxes with high-quality packing tape
Packing all your stuff is an uphill struggle, especially if you are a single parent to a couple of kids. You can lift the burden off your shoulders by approaching the best removalists on the Gold Coast to make relocation a breeze.
4.Involve your kids
Moving house can make your kids emotional and anxious as they have to leave behind old friends and even change their school.
The best you can do is prepare your children ahead of time.
Even better involve them in moving tasks like:
- Ask them to pack their clothes
- Clean their rooms
- Label and decorate the moving boxes
- Organize the pantry
This will help you to engage your kids and will also reduce some workload.
However, don’t let little hands pack sharp household items as it can injure them. You can consult removalists in Perth to help you with all packing and moving jobs.
5.Seek the help of friends
Moving house can be very stressful, especially if you are a single mother or father.
Moreover, while doing multiple tasks, it can be tough for you to look after your kids.
It’s recommended to ask for help from your friends or relatives.
From cooking the food to packing your stuff and looking after your kids, they can help you in many ways.
But what about packing and loading heavy furniture items? That’s not easy without having the right set of tools and equipment.
The smart idea is to book top movers and packers in Sydney to experience a safe and stress-free move.
6.Pack a survival bag
It may be tough to find your phone charger or your kids’ favorite toy without ripping a ton of boxes and creating a mess in your new home.
It’s recommended to separately pack all the basic items like toys, gadgets, medicines, extra clothes, chargers, and everything that you and your kids will need during the initial days at the new location.
In the end…
Apart from the above, a positive attitude and a little preparation are all that you need to overcome any moving challenge.
However, make sure to hire full-service movers who can take care of all the tasks without breaking your bank. Visit this website to seek help from moving professionals.